Harry Potter: The New Chapter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Harry Potter: The New Chapter

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ancient Runes-Intermediate : First Class

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alaie
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect
Alaie

Ancient Runes-Intermediate : First Class Empty
PostSubject: Ancient Runes-Intermediate : First Class   Ancient Runes-Intermediate : First Class I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 1:36 pm

Alaie stood up and walked in front of the blackboard, holding a folded piece of paper in her hand. She cleared her throat and looked at the students kind of nervously.
"Hello. I'm Alaie Tiernan." She said with a smile. "I'm a Sixth class Hufflepuff student, and I'm also a Student Teacher. I'll be teaching Ancient Runes."

She unfolded the piece of paper, and stuck it up on the blackboard with the help of magic. It had the Runic alphabet on it.

"We will be learning the Runic alphabet." She started the lecture. "Little is known about the origins of the Runic alphabet, which is traditionally known as futhark after the first six letters. In the muggle world, in Old Norse, the word rune means 'letter', 'text' or 'inscription'. The word also means 'mystery' or 'secret' in Old Germanic languages and runes had a important role in ritual and magic.
"On the board I've put the runic alphabet. I'll also pass around smaller versions for you, and I want each of you to take these down somewhere, so you'll always have them handy."

She started to walk around, putting a piece of paper on each desk.

Ancient Runes-Intermediate : First Class Elder

"Each rune also has a meaning. We'll be learning them later." She said, and walked back to her desk, sitting down. "Please start taking the runes down."
Back to top Go down
Skyler_ZZ
Gryffindor
Skyler_ZZ

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Runes-Intermediate : First Class   Ancient Runes-Intermediate : First Class I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 1:48 pm

Skye came into class and smiled at Alaie as he sat down.He took out a quil as he copied the runes down in a notebook.

Last edited by Skyler_ZZ on Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alaie
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect
Alaie

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Runes-Intermediate : First Class   Ancient Runes-Intermediate : First Class I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 1:53 pm

Alaie smiled at Skye, before taking out her notebook, starting to sketch her name onto it in runes, in big letters.
Back to top Go down
Skyler_ZZ
Gryffindor
Skyler_ZZ

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Runes-Intermediate : First Class   Ancient Runes-Intermediate : First Class I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 2:08 pm

Skye finished writing them and left out of the classroom
Back to top Go down
Keith Nagato
Ravenclaw
Keith Nagato

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Runes-Intermediate : First Class   Ancient Runes-Intermediate : First Class I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 2:40 pm

Keith walked into the classroom and wrote the runes down fast and quickly and finished in like two minutes.
Back to top Go down
Alaie
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect
Alaie

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Runes-Intermediate : First Class   Ancient Runes-Intermediate : First Class I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 4:36 pm

"For homework," Alaie said, "I'd like you to learn how to write your name in the Futhark alphabet." She looked around the class to see if everyone had finished.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Runes-Intermediate : First Class   Ancient Runes-Intermediate : First Class I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ancient Runes-Intermediate : First Class
Page 1 of 1